When we started our little blog nine years ago, we never knew that we’d make so many friends – some are still virtual while others we see in person as often as we can. One such blogging bestie is Kristy Woodson Harvey from the delightful blog, Design Chic, and the new “it girl” of Southern fiction. Kristy’s fourth novel, The Secret to Southern Charm (Book 2 of The Peachtree Bluff Series) is being released next week so we’re thrilled to share this interview and giveaway with you today.
Hi Carolyn, Cynthia and The Buzz readers – Thank you so, so much for having me here today. The Buzz is one of my long-time favorite blogs, and I am so thrilled to be here today to share with all of you!
1. What did you want to be when you were a child? A teacher and a mom.
2. What is your necessary luxury? Bubble baths. I like really great bath products and a cup of tea or glass of wine and a good book. I try to take one three times a week if at all possible. I get so much reading done in there. I really have to do it. It’s research, after all.
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory? Books, books, books! I can;t get enough of them. I have to rotate out my coffee table books and continuously edit my bookshelves so everything still looks crisp and clean, not cluttered. I’ve seen pictures on Pinterest of stacks of design books that serve as nightstands. I’m nearly there… (and so are we, Kristy!)
4. Where do you window shop? On Fifth Avenue when I go to New York to meet my editor. (Depending on how well the meeting went, sometimes I “real” shop, too.)
5. What makes a house a home? The people inside it and the memories you make there. Plus, being surrounded by thing you love that make you feel happy.
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day? Snuggling up and reading with my son before bed.
7. What is your favorite flower? It’s a hard call between hydrangeas and peonies – and ANYTHING from Diane James Home! (Aww, thanks Kristy!)
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be and why? I think I’d have to say champagne since it’s my absolute favorite drink. It’s a little bit bubbly, a little bit sweet and low carb.
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play your part? Well, I definitely want Blake Lively to play me, so that’s squared away. I’m so bad a titles… Slightly South of Simple is the only book title I’ve come up with that’s ever actually been used so that’s kind of sad. Maybe I can let Blake help me with a title!
10. Name one thing from your “Bucket List”. I really want to see the pyramids of Egypt. I’m fortunate to have been able to travel a lot, but that’s something that I think is totally unique.
Thank you, Kristy, for stopping by and for your terrific work. We’ve read The Secret to Southern Charm and loved it! Best of all, Kristy has generously offered to sign a copy of her new book for one of our followers. If you’d like to enter the giveaway, leave a comment below, like today’s post on Instagram or Facebook or send us an email at TheBuzz.Giveaway@gmail.com with “The Secret to Southern Charm” in the subject line. You have until 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 31, 2018 to enter and we’ll announce the winner on Monday. Good luck!