It’s President’s Day – what mood are you in?
Befitting a president… And Michael Smith’s interiors certainly are, aren’t they? Wonder if they’ll ever print what he did at the White House?
Wishing you a great President’s Day!
Photo via Architectural Digest
Stacy Bass – Photographer Extraordinaire
supposedly tending our booth at Rooms With A View last weekend, we sneaked out to meet the hugely talented photographer, Stacy Bass, and get our hands on her beautiful book, In The Garden. The presentation opened with a gorgeous slideshow of Stacy’s work – both in the garden and in the home – immediately transporting us into the exquisite worlds she shoots. She then shared some of her favorite tips on how best to capture a space. Here are some highlights from her talk:
A Garden at Dawn
1. Shoot gardens at dawn when the sun is rising and stop when it gets too bright.
A Well Tended Bar
2. Accessories are important and better to have too many than not enough since you can always take something away when framing a shot.
Heavenly Hydrangeas in the Summer
3. Think about the seasons and what your garden will look like through the windows.
Art in the Bedroom
4. Invest in art – it’s so important to have something on the walls!
Flowers in the Kitchen
5. And last but not least, flowers finish a room (just make sure the arrangements you use are of an appropriate scale.)
It was such a treat to meet Stacy and we know we’ll be inspired by her book for many seasons to come. If you want to see more of her work, we encourage you to visit her site – but be warned, you might get lost in all the beauty!
Photos via CT Post and Stacy Bass Photography