There’s something so fresh and fabulous about Lynn Morgan‘s aesthetic that there’s no mistaking her touch when you come across her interiors. Given that many of her clients live in homes by the sea (and her office has water views), her easy, breezy vibe fits the coastal lifestyle to a tee.
A native of Savannah, Georgia, a city known for its genteel elegance, Lynn worked as the decorating editor at House & Garden before launching her business in 1982. Her interiors, with their bright hues (the most gorgeous blues, greens and pops of coral) and relaxed sensibility, are the perfect mix of comfort, sophistication and fun.
Needless to say, we are thrilled that Lynn is local and that we’ve had the pleasure of working with her over the years on a number of wonderful projects (and that she would submit herself to our Q & A!)
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
You know the saying “keep your eye on the prize”? Ever since I can remember I had my sights on design. First, as the Decorating Editor for House & Garden and then I moved on to start Lynn Morgan Design.
2. What is your necessary luxury?
Flowers! I have to be surrounded by pretty flowers!
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory?
Color! Splashes of color everywhere!
4. Where do you window shop?
Anywhere and everywhere.
5. What makes a house a home?
A dog, kids, and good friends… not necessarily in that order.
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day?
I love the first part of the day. Arriving at my office early before the day gets ahead of us. Sitting in the office with a cup of coffee, looking out the window over the Five Mile River watching the kayakers and boaters.
7. What is your favorite flower?
Hydrangeas and peonies.
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
My southern roots are showing here, mint julep!
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play your part?
“One Lucky Lady”, starring Audrey Hepburn.
10. Name one thing from your “Bucket List”.
Sailing in Polynesia.
Thank you, Lynn, for your great sense of design and refined simplicity!
Photos from Lynn Morgan Design