When it comes to entertaining, a table isn’t properly dressed unless it is wearing Kim Seybert’s often fanciful, always fashionable accessories. Kim’s background in fashion and love of rich color and texture are evident in the intricate patterns and jeweled touches that make her creations so unique.
From beautiful place mats and napkins, to colorful beaded napkin rings and gilded wine glasses, her designs are supremely stylish yet surprisingly functional. Whether serving dinner on the terrace, or outfitting your favorite picnic basket, Kim’s accessories turn the everyday into a special occasion.
With the holidays just around the corner, we thought it would be fun to subject one of our favorite tabletop designers (and a very good friend!) to our Q & A.
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I always wanted to be a Fashion Designer.
2. What is your necessary luxury?
A relaxing lavender bubble bath before I go to bed.
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory?
Diane James flowers, of course!
4. Where do you window shop?
At the Tibet market in New Delhi. I am always inspired when I spend time there.
5. What makes a house a home?
Pets and children.
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day?
A yoga class whenever I can fit it into my day… morning, lunchtime or after work.
7. What is your favorite flower?
Peonies. Best colors… sunset, coral or plum.
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
A brandy milk punch. They remind me of a sultry Sunday brunch in New Orleans.
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play your part?
“To Kill a Mockingbird” and I would be Scout.
10. Name one thing from your “Bucket List”.
I would visit the houseboats in Kashmir.
As Kim loves to say, “Life is a banquet” and we so agree! To see Kim’s tabletop collections and shop online, please visit her website, KimSeybert.com.