Known for designing silk floral bouquets that are so close to nature, one has to touch the flowers to make sure they’re not real, Diane James brings “faux fleurs” to life for the likes of Michael Smith, Mario Buatta and Barbara Barry.
Since childhood, Diane has had a passion for flowers – from playing in the gardens her mother tended and taking classes with Kenneth Turner at Pulbrook & Gould in London, to creating the first high-end collection of silk floral designs to be sold at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. It’s no wonder that given their natural beauty and elegance, Diane’s designs have quite a following and have caught the eye of editors at House Beautiful, Town & Country, Harper’s Bazaar and the New York Times.
Having celebrated Mother’s Day this month , we thought it only fitting that we celebrate our mother in May!
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
An opera singer
2. What is your necessary luxury?
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory?
4. Where do you window shop?
5. What makes a house a home?
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day?
Being with my daughters at the office and my husband at home
7. What is your favorite flower?
There are so many that I can’t choose just one
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play your part?
“Transformation” and Angelina Jolie (in my younger years!)
10. Name one thing from you “Bucket List”
A Mercedes 300S
While many compare Diane James to mother nature, we’re lucky enough to call her Mom!