Ever since we met the very talented Susan Brinson at the ALT Summit in New York, we’ve been dying to profile her work along with her husband, William’s, beautiful photography here on The Buzz. House of Brinson is their joint venture, a blog where they document all aspects of art, design, photography, food and life in general, and their aesthetic is all about contrast: black and white, light and dark, masculine and feminine, old and new, rustic and modern.
While Susan, an art director and designer, is into all things visual and crafty (and is known for her obsessive holiday cookie baking!), William, a still life and food photographer, is a foodie, always thinking about the next meal.
It’s no wonder that our mouths were salivating when we perused his portfolio. We were thrilled that this dynamic duo agreed to take part in our series and loved their fun, unique answers!
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
S: Mostly an artist, but sometimes a lawyer
W: Stunt man
2. What is your necessary luxury?
S: LaMer skin cream
W: Leather booths
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory?
S: Succulent flowers
W: Vintage lamps
4. Where do you window shop?
S: Ferragamo via Pinterest
W: John Varvatos
5. What makes a house a home?
S: A casual mess, or looking lived in
W: My family, Susan and Nero (our boxer dog)
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day?
S: Coming home from work to an overly excited boxer dog and my husband
7. What is your favorite flower?
W: Garlic blossom
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
S: Amaretto and cream, on the rocks
W: Vodka Martini, strong and a little dry
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play your part?
S: Taste, Kate Winslet (She has nice eyebrows.)
W: Lunch with Will, of course Brad Pitt would play me
10. Name one thing from your “Bucket List”
S: Visit Machu Picchu
W: Purchase a motorcycle
Photos via House of Brinson