A big thank you to Catherine creator of The Shiny Pebble for bestowing upon us our very first award – The Beautiful Blogger! We are honored to be in such great company and in order to accept this award, we must share seven things about ourselves… so here goes:
1. We grew up in a 16th century chateau in the Belgian countryside – but have since lost most of our princess tendencies (we hope!)
2. We’re mirror-image twins and we both broke our legs on a school ski trip in 6th grade – same day, same mountain, opposite legs.
3. We graduated college in the last recession and instead of tending bar in New York City, we escaped to Paris where we baked chocolate chip cookies at The General Store and worked in an art gallery on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore.
4. Our guilty pleasures are fine wine, great cheeses, fresh baguettes, chocolate (Belgian, of course!) and beautiful flowers.
5. Some people think we’re addicted to shoes and purses – we would say we’re mildly passionate.
5. Our favorite way to spend a winter’s day is playing board games with our boys by the fire.
6. One of us is a Tigger, the other is an Eeyore (though she would prefer to be considered a Wise Owl!)
7. We both left corporate careers in New York (one in banking, the other in PR) to run our mother’s business, and we are forever grateful to our husbands for supporting us in our dreams!
To all the beautiful bloggers out there, this award is for you!