We first met the elegant and vivacious Sandra Morgan at the New York International Gift Fair several years ago and were immediately taken by her warmth and charm. Having seen her beautiful interiors in the pages of House Beautiful and Connecticut Cottages & Gardens, we were thrilled that she would take the time to see us.
Sandra’s passion for design began with positions on the editorial staffs of House & Garden and Mademoiselle (where she created a column Chez Mlle devoted to stylish decorating for young women-on-the-go) and has developed into a career as a leading designer and art collector. We were excited when she opened her retail showroom, SM Home, in Greenwich last June and even more so when she chose our flowers to complement her gorgeous Swedish style.
We think Sandra Morgan is a divine designer and we hope you do too!
1. What did you want to be when you were a child?
A trapeze artist – I fantasized about being the girl flying through the air high
in the big tent
2. What is your necessary luxury?
My little Shih Tzu, Tiger
3. What is your favorite decorating accessory?
4. Where do you window shop?
SM Home, 70 Arch Street, Greenwich
5. What makes a house a home?
6. What is the most enjoyable part of your day?
Sunday morning breakfast at home with The New York Times and a cappuccino
7. What is your favorite flower?
8. If you were a cocktail, what would you be?
9. If your life were made into a movie, what would be the title and who would play
”Don’t Look Back” – Sophia Loren
10. Name one thing from your “Bucket List”
See the Serengeti at sunset